Hair transplant Turkey, also called hair restoration or hair replacement, is a surgery that transfers hair to bald or thinning areas of the scalp. It is usually an ideal treatment option for those who have already tried other hair loss treatments. Dermatologists or plastic surgeons perform hair transplant procedure.
Why Hair Transplant Turkey Is Done?
In people who are balding, a hair transplant Turkey can improve the appearance and self-confidence by moving the hair they already have to the areas that are bald.
Most people who have male pattern baldness in which hair loss is on the front or top of the scalp, can have a hair transplant Turkey. To do this, there must be thick hair on the back or sides of the scalp to be transferred to bald areas.
Sometimes, people with hair loss as a result of injuries, lupus, or other medical problems are treated with a hair transplant.
What Is Male pattern baldness?
Male pattern baldness, also called androgenic alopecia, is the most common type of hair loss in men. This type of hair loss affects over half of all men. It’s one of the most common reasons why people choose to have a hair transplant Turkey.
Male pattern baldness is usually hereditary (genetic) that can give men a thinning crown and receding hairline. The most common patterns of male pattern baldness are;
- Hair thinning at the top of the scalp and the temple area
- Hair receding from the hairline, pushing the hairline back gradually.
Who Is Eligible for a Hair Transplant Turkey?
A hair transplant Turkey can be an option for
- Those who are in good health
- Those who have hair follicles that are in good condition and able to remain healthy after the transplant has been performed.
- Men with male pattern baldness (Androgenetic Alopecia)
- Both men and women whose hair loss is due to burns, trauma, or rarer conditions.
How to Prepare for a Hair Transplant Turkey
Consider the following preparations before your hair transplant Turkey.
- Massage your scalp for 10-20 minutes per day, starting 2 weeks before surgery. Massaging will stimulate the follicles and increase the elasticity of your scalp. So, you will have a more successful surgery.
- Protect your scalp from direct sunlight exposure before surgery. The operation must be performed on healthy, unburned skin. You can wear a hat, or stay inside until the day of surgery.
- Stop certain supplements and medications before your procedure. Some supplements may cause complications, and we don’t want to take the chance of any medications of supplements interfering with medications we will give you after surgery.
- Avoid drinking alcohol in the week leading up to the surgery in order to increase your chances of a successful and effective hair transplant Turkey.
- Quit smoking at least two weeks before your procedure. Smoking can slow your healing process and affect the results.
- Avoid taking all medications that increase the risk of bleeding prior to your surgery. These medications include aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatories, coagulants, antiplatelets and some vitamins.
- Stop taking hair loss medications. The doctor will let you know what medications are okay to take in the weeks leading up to your surgery.
- In order to have the most successful outcome possible it’s important to follow the doctor’s orders.
Important Things to Consider Before a Hair Transplant Turkey
Some important things to keep in mind before opting for hair transplant Turkey include:
- Before your hair transplant, you might need to trim off your hair.
- Following a hair transplant Turkey, it can take up to 9-12 months for the newly grafted hair to take root.
- Unrealistic expectations can lead to disappointments. So, it’s important to mention that, hair restoration will not give you a full head of hair if you start off without much hair. Your donor area should be thick in terms of hair so that your hair transplant will be thick and dense.
- Hair Transplant Turkey does not stop hair loss of non-transplanted.
- There may be a need for continuing medical treatment after your hair transplant.
What Happens During a Hair Transplant Turkey?
Before starting a transplant, the surgeon sterilizes the donor area, where the hair will be removed, and numbs it with a local anesthetic. You can also request sedation to stay asleep during the procedure. The surgeon then performs the most appropriate method of best hair clinic Turkey based on your own circumstances.
There are two primary methods for transplanting hair: follicular unit excision (FUE), and follicular unit transplantation (FUT). Let’s talk about these methods in order.
What Is Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)?
Follicular unit transplantation (FUT), sometimes known as follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS), is a permanent way to restore the natural look of your hair. This technique was developed in the early 2000s. During this hair transplant Turkey procedure, the surgeon uses follicular unit grafts to recreate your hair growth pattern.
How the FUT hair transplant Turkey Is Performed
Step 1: Removing the hair bearing tissue
- The donor area is anesthetized using local anaesthetic.
- A thin strip of tissue containing hair follicles is removed painlessly form the back and/or sides of the scalp.
- The area where the scalp strip was removed is closed with stitches.
Step 2: Preparing the donor hair
- The scalp strip is separated into follicle groupings, also known as units or grafts, with a scalpel.
- Each unit is comprised of 1-4 hair follicles.
Step 3: Placing the grafts
- Tiny holes are made in the recipient area where hair will be transplanted.
- Individual follicular units are inserted into the holes. (To ensure natural looking results and to maximize the coverage of the thinning areas, our surgeon pays close attention to the location, depth and angle of each unit.)
Advantages of FUT Hair Transplant Turkey Procedure
- Follicle extraction is quick and simple
- There is often no need to shave the donor area
- The results are natural-looking and lasting
- There is no need for ongoing maintenance
What Is Follicular Unit Excision (FUE)?
Follicular unit excision (FUE) utilizes the latest hair transplantation technology to achieve a permanent, natural-looking result. This is a type of hair transplant Turkey where each hair follicle is taken out from the scalp individually.