Diabetes surgery Turkey is one of the most important discoveries in the management of diabetes. It can help control or improve type 2 diabetes in most patients.
Why Diabetes Surgery Turkey?
Type 2 diabetes and obesity are related conditions and both of them are linked to problems with the metabolism of body. The changes as a result of diabetes surgery Turkey (also called metabolic/bariatric surgery) that lead to weight loss can also lead to the remission of type 2 diabetes. Also it is important to know that, the body’s ability to use sugar in a healthy way can be regained with surgery in patients with type 2 diabetes. Patients can experience lower blood sugar levels, take less diabetes medications, and see an improvement in health problems related to diabetes.
Some Facts About Type 2 Diabetes
• The vast majority of people with diabetes have Type 2 diabetes.
• Living with type 2 diabetes puts a person at a higher risk for stroke, heart disease, vision loss and kidney disease.
• Type 2 diabetes can cause symptoms like excessive thirst, needing to pee a lot and tiredness.
• There’s a genetic mutation involved in type 2 diabetes.
• Cases of Type 2 diabetes have doubled in America in the past 20 years.
• Obesity and being overweight (BMI greater than 25) increases your risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
• Diabetes surgery Turkey is the most effective treatment for type 2 diabetes and may result in remission or improvement in almost all cases.
What Causes Type 2 Diabetes?
Type 2 Diabetes, formerly called non-insulin-dependent or adult-onset, is caused by problems with a chemical in the body (hormone) called insulin. This hormone is made by the pancreas that acts like a key to let blood sugar into the cells in the body for use as energy. If someone has type 2 diabetes, cells don’t respond normally to insulin, which is called insulin resistance. So pancreas makes more insulin in order to get cells to respond. But finally it cannot keep up, and the person’s blood sugar rises, setting the stage for prediabetes and type 2 diabetes.
More than 90 percent of people with diabetes have type 2 diabetes. This type of diabetes is largely the result of obesity and physical inactivity or linked to family history.
Why Is Type 2 Diabetes Serious?
Type 2 diabetes is a common condition that causes the level of sugar in the blood to become too high. It can lead to serious complications which can affect many different parts of the patient’s body. In the worst cases, diabetes can increase the risk of getting serious problems with the eyes, heart and nerves.
Diabetes Surgery Turkey Advantages
• This surgery results in changes to the body’s metabolism that affect intestinal hormones that regulate blood sugar control, sometimes as quickly as a few days after operation.
• According to the researches, 78% of patients experience remission (being able to stop taking medications) thus eliminating the need for diabetes medications after surgery.
• Diabetes surgery Turkey has been proven to be the most effective treatment for diabetes but also helps improve obesity and related problems.
• It increases the sense of fullness after meals that results in less food intake and helps body to achieve a healthy weight.
Who is a Good Candidate for Diabetes Surgery Turkey?
Using diabetes surgery in patients with Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 and above is supported by a great deal of scientific evidence. If you are living with type 2 diabetes and have a BMI of 30 or higher, you may be eligible for diabetes surgery Turkey. Your surgeon will review the options and work with you to determine if the surgery is a good choice to treat your diabetes.
Four Types of Diabetes Surgery Turkey
Şafak Hospital in Turkey provides the most advanced and approved surgical options for type 2 diabetes and weight loss.
• Sleeve Gastrectomy:
Sleeve gastrectomy is a type of diabetes surgery Turkey that removes approximately two thirds of the stomach without rerouting the intestine. The remaining stomach takes the shape of a tube or “sleeve” and provides a much smaller reservoir for food. The procedure changes the metabolism and hormones produced by the intestines too. More than 60% of patients suffering from type 2 diabetes will have remission after the Sleeve.
• Roux-en-y Gastric Bypass (RYGB):
During this procedure, the top of the stomach is divided, and a small pouch which functions as the new stomach is created. Then the surgeon makes a small opening (stoma) in the pouch and attaches it to the small intestine. Since the size of the new stomach pouch is limited, you feel less hunger and food intake decreases.
This type of diabetes surgery Turkey results in significant weight loss, remission of type 2 diabetes in nearly 80% of patients, and improvement of diabetes in almost all patients.
Improvement of diabetes occurs just within a few days to weeks following gastric bypass. Most importantly, the metabolism and hormones produced in the intestines are changed over time as a result of this surgery and affect the body’s ability to reach a healthy weight.
• Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch (BPD/DS):
Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch, also known as the duodenal switch, is the other type of diabetes surgery Turkey. This surgery changes the size of the stomach and the length of the small intestine, where nutrients are absorbed. In this way, it limits how much food the patient can eat, digest, and absorb.
Due to the complexity of the procedure and the greater risk of complications, the duodenal switch is a malabsorptive procedure performed far less frequently than the gastric bypass, sleeve or the adjustable gastric band.
• Single Anastomosis Duodeno-Ileal Bypass with Sleeve Gastrectomy (SADI-S):
Single anastomosis duodeno-ileal bypass with sleeve gastrectomy is the latest procedure to be endorsed by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. This type of diabetic surgery Turkey involves making the stomach into a tube (just as with the sleeve gastrectomy) and cutting and reconnecting the small intestine to a loop of intestine further down-stream. In this way, the body absorbs fewer calories.
SADI-S has demonstrated excellent rates for weight loss and type 2 diabetes remission, and it has fewer negative side effects than its predecessor duodenal switch.