Gynecomastia Surgery in Turkey is the best treatment for enlarged breasts in men is the return to a masculine appearance. This surgery helps you obtain a well-toned chest and return to a masculine appearance.
What Is Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia is a condition of over-developed or enlarged breasts in men. It can affect one or both breasts and occur at any age. In some cases, the breast tissue can be tender or painful. Gynecomastia surgery in Turkey helps men feel confident in all physical situations by reducing breast size, and flattening and enhancing the chest contours.
What Is Gynecomastia Surgery?
Male breast reduction or gynecomastia surgery removes excess breast tissue. It helps men with enlarged breast tissue. The procedure may include liposuction, excision or both. People choose to undergo this surgery to improve self-confidence, enhance their appearance and reduce discomfort that can result from over-developed or enlarged breasts.
Who Should Consider Gynecomastia ?
Men who experience the following should consider gynecomastia:
- Unhappiness with their chest that looks too feminine
- Embarrassment to swim, exercise at a gym, or engage in outdoor sports due to their oversized breasts
- Seek to get a well-defined, masculine chest and enhance their self-confidence
- Emotional or psychological distress related to enlarged breasts
More Information about plastic surgery procedure
Qualities of an Ideal Candidate
Ideal Gynecomastia surgery in Istanbul candidates include men:
- With good overall health with no underlying health condition that can impair healing.
- Whose condition cannot be corrected through a balanced diet, regular exercise, or medical treatments.
- Who has normal and stable body weight
- Whose breast development has stabilized.
- Who has reasonably elastic skin in the breast area since the skin will constrict after this surgery.
- Who are non-smokers and non-drug users.
- Who have a positive outlook, clear cosmetic goals, and reasonable expectations.
How to Prepare for Gynecomastia Surgery ?
Before surgery, the surgeon will discuss your surgical options, expectations and medical history. He will ask you for lab testing to evaluate your health and determine the causes of gynecomastia. He will also examine and screen you for male breast cancer. You will be asked to:
- Stop taking certain medications, such as aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding.
- Quit smoking 6 weeks before and for 6 weeks after surgery if you smoke or use nicotine products. Smoking can slow down the healing process and increase the risk of infection at the wound site.
- Maintain a healthy weight because you have a higher risk of developing complications if you are overweight.
- Not eat and drink for at least eight hours prior to surgery. If your stomach has food and drink in it, there is a risk of vomiting or bringing up food into your throat.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing when you arrive at the hospital.
How Is Gynecomastia Surgery in Şafak Hospital Done?
Anesthesia is administered for the patient’s comfort during the male breast reduction procedure. Your surgeon will recommend the best option for the patients. The operation usually takes 30 minutes to an hour for each side to complete. In most instances, no overnight stay is required, patients can leave the hospital about 2 hours after their procedure.
Gynecomastia surgery in Şafak Hospital can be done using the liposuction technique, the excision technique, or a combination of both. The surgical technique will depend on the cause of the breast enlargement:
If the gynecomastia is due to excess fatty tissue, and the patient has a good skin elasticity the operation may involve only liposuction. This can be done using a cannula attached to a suction device to remove the fat through a small incision. There are different liposuction techniques that may be used. In your consultation meeting, the surgeon will recommend a lipo technique that will give you the better result. After surgery, patients will need to wear a support garment for the next 6-8 weeks.
If the gynecomastia is due to excess glandular tissue and excess skin, surgical excision will be required. Glandular tissue is firm and dense that you can feel under the nipple. This tissue cannot be removed using liposuction method, because it is fibrous and must be removed surgically through a small curved incision around the areola. With excision the areola can be reduced or the nipple can be repositioned to a more natural male contour if needed.
Combination of Liposuction and Excision Techniques
If the gynecomastia is due to an excess of glandular as well as fatty tissue in the breast region both surgical excision and liposuction will be required. To perform the surgery, the chest is marked according to how much fat and glandular tissue is present. Then, a small circular incision is made beneath each areola, and the excess glandular tissue is removed. After that, liposuction is performed to remove excess fat and to shape the remaining breast. After surgery, patients will need to wear a support garment for the next 6-8 weeks.
Recovery After Gynecomastia Surgery
After the gynecomastia surgery in turkey bandages and dressings will be applied to the incisions. Patients will receive aftercare before being discharged from hospital. The surgeon will ask them to wear a compression garment or elastic bandage to reduce swelling and support the new chest contour as it heals. He will also give them special post-operative instructions as to how to care for the surgical site, what medications to use, possible risks and complications, and dos and don’ts for the recovery period. It’s vital to strictly follow the surgeon’s instructions in order to get the best outcomes.
Generally, patients who only need liposuction to correct their oversized breasts, will be able to return to daily routine and work in less than one week. For those who need surgical removal of the excess breast tissue, it can take between 2-4 weeks to heal enough to tolerate routine activities.
Our medical consultants at Şafak Hospital are always prepared to answer all your questions both before and after surgery. We stand beside during the time you are staying in Turkey for your male reduction surgery and continue our online follow-up even when you fly back home.
Gynecomastia Surgery in Şafak Hospital FAQs
How much is gynecomastia surgery
If you are a male suffering from overdeveloped or enlarged breasts and looking for an affordable treatment to get back your normal masculine body, gynecomastia surgery is an ideal choice for you. Although the male breast reduction is an expensive treatment in many countries, you can get at a decent price in Turkey and Şafak Hospital. For personalized pricing, we welcome you to contact us or request a consultation.
How should you sleep after gynecomastia surgery?
it is important to rest and sleep at a 45-degree angle on your back with at least one or two pillows in order to minimize swelling. This will also help facilitate getting in and out of bed.
resource : nih.gov