Buccal fat removal in turkey, is a surgical procedure to reduce cheek fat and create a defined facial contour.
Buccal fat consists of small pads of fat in each of your lower cheeks. It is located between the muscles of the face in an area below the cheekbone, and helps make up the shape of your face. Everybody has them, but some people have more than others. Excess buccal fat results in chubby, full cheek.
For those men or women bothered by the appearance of overly full cheeks, Şafak Hospital provides affordable high quality buccal fat removal surgery to achieve a leaner, narrower lower facial contour with natural-looking results.
What Is Buccal Fat Removal in Turkey?
Buccal fat removal in Turkey, also known as cheek reduction or buccal lipectomy, is a popular cosmetic procedure designed to create a slimmer facial shape by minimizing the look of overly plump cheeks. The surgery involves making a small incision inside the mouth and removing the buccal fat pad.
Why Choose Buccal Fat Removal in Şafak Hospital?
Many people with an excess buccal fat that gives their face an appearance of being chubby or that of a “baby-face” are unhappy about the appearance associated with this abundance. This lower fat excess most of the time don’t respond to the diet and exercise, resulting in a full appearance even in slim people.
Buccal fat removal in Şafak Hospital is an effective way of reducing lower facial fullness. It transforms the facial appearance from a square shape to a more attractive heart shape.
The skill and competence of Şafak Hospital plastics surgeons , advanced facilities, and affordable cost of cosmetic surgery in this hospital makes it an ideal choice for plastic surgery candidates from around the world. In addition, Turkey has great tourist attractions to offer to foreign tourists.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Buccal Fat Removal ?
You may be a good candidate for buccal fat removal surgery if you:
• Are in overall good health physically
• Do not smoke (Smoking puts you at a higher risk of complications both during and after the procedure.)
• Are at a healthy weight
• Have realistic expectations
• Have a round face
• Would prefer less full cheeks
• Are interested in facial feminization surgery
However, this surgery is not right solution for everybody. Here are a few scenarios where cheek reduction is not recommended:
• If you have a narrow face. Buccal fat removal could cause the appearance of sunken cheeks that will make you appear older.
• If you are a bit older. As people age, they naturally lose some of the fat in their faces. So, cheek reduction surgery may emphasize signs of aging.
• If you have Parry-Romberg syndrome. This condition can make the skin on one side of the face contract and has been known to affect the buccal fat in the cheek.
Age, anatomy, and facial shape are factors you should discuss with the surgeon during consultation appointment. You can also request for an online consultation so that we can help you decide if buccal fat removal surgery is right for you.
How to Prepare for a Buccal Fat Removal
Before the surgery you should:
• get standard lab testing or a medical evaluation
• Stop using herbal supplements that may thin the blood
• Stop taking aspirin and anti-inflammatory medications at least 2 weeks before surgery.
• Stop smoking or drinking alcohol 4-6 weeks before surgery.
How Is a Buccal Fat Removal Performed?
Buccal fat removal in istanbul can be done under a local anesthetic so you won’t feel any pain. You will remain awake during the procedure. You may receive general anesthesia if you are having more than one procedure done at the same time.
Your surgeon will make a tiny incision on the inside of your mouth, on the inner portion of your cheek. Through this incision, he will remove the appropriate amount of fat carefully and resculpt the tissue until an optimal cheek contour and ideal symmetry is achieved.
Finally, he will close the incisions with sutures. Typically, the sutures are absorbable. Be sure to avoid playing with the sutures with your tongue until cleared by the surgeon.
Cheek reduction surgery is a simple and straightforward procedure, and in most cases, it can take approximately one hour or less to complete.
Recovery After Buccal Fat Removal
After your buccal fat removal in turkey, a custom facial garment will be applied followed by ice packs. The facial garment compresses the empty buccal space, and the cooling effect of the ice helps decrease swelling.
You will be able to walk out of the clinic and rest in the hotel. To further decrease swelling, it will be important to sleep on your back with the head elevated on two pillows. You will be allowed to shower the day after your procedure.
The cheek swelling might be similar to that of dental work and gradually decrease to a more acceptable level in one to two weeks. The main thing to keep in mind with recovery is that you may need to eat soft foods for the first few days.
Post-Operative Instructions for Buccal Fat Removal
For the best results, follow your surgeon’s post-op instructions. They will likely include:
• Quit smoking for at least 6 weeks
• Avoid drinking alcohol for at least 2 weeks
• To avoid lying in bed for too long get walking as soon as you can
• Refrain from strenuous exercise for the first 2 weeks